Happy New Year Pace Families! I hope you all had a wonderful, healthy, Winter Break. As you know, COVID continues to be a serious issue in our local community.
The current policy goal of Governor Murphy and President Biden is to keep schools open as much as possible in the new year. As we return to school, we will continue to social distance, require face coverings, use increased disinfecting practices, and promote frequent hand washing.
It is also imperative that you, our families, keep us up to date with any possible exposures to Covid. We want to remind you again of the importance of the following in order to be able to maintain a safe learning environment and keep our schools open:
- Do not send your child to school if he/she is sick. Do not send your child to school if someone in your home is sick with any symptoms associated with COVID.
- Report symptoms to the school immediately by contacting the school nurse and the building administrator.
- Report immediately if your child or someone with whom your child has been in close contact has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Follow quarantine guidance, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.
- The CDC has not yet applied the recently revised isolation and quarantine timeframes for the general population to K-12 schools. Therefore, until CDC updates school-specific guidance, it is recommended that we continue to follow conventional isolation and quarantine timeframes (10-day isolation/exclusion; 7 or 10-day quarantine/exclusion with and without negative testing). Watch for future updates as guidance may change in the near future.
- Follow quarantine guidance if you and your family have traveled outside of New Jersey. Fully vaccinated individuals and those who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 3 months do not need to get tested or self-quarantine after travel.
- Unvaccinated individuals who do travel should get tested 3-5 days after travel. Even if you test negative, the CDC recommends unvaccinated individuals stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after domestic travel.
We know that this guidance puts added stress on families, and we are thankful in advance for your cooperation as it is imperative that we work together during this pandemic to ensure the safety of our students, staff and families. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
We look forward to welcoming our students safely back on Monday, January 3rd.