Pace Charter School of Hamilton is committed to providing a variety of meaningful community service opportunities for its students.
Our commitment is based on the belief that we all have a responsibility to look beyond ourselves and to reach out to others.
Through community service, students assume responsibilities and become aware of the needs of others as well as learn the importance of unselfish serving and giving.
Community service links students to the wider community and exposes them to people and situations outside of their precious experiences and helps prepare them to take a productive role in society.
Both students as well as service recipients benefit from such interactions.
Some of the community service activities undertaken by our students in recent years include:
- Visiting local elderly residential facilities
- Donations to Cherry Tree Club
- Mitten Tree
- Coat Drives
- Food Drives
- Created Valentine cards and Easter Baskets for patients at CHOP
- Assembled and delivered sandwiches to the Trenton Soup Kitchen
- Designed placemats for the Trenton Soup Kitchen
- Letters and packages mailed overseas to the soldiers
If your organization would like to link with our school, please contact our community outreach coordinator: Adrienne Gibbons at Agibbons@pacecharterschool.org.